Stage A nominations closed
The Lee Kuan Yew World City Prize is awarded to cities only. Application for the Prize must be initiated by a Stage A nomination.
Stage A nominations
Cities interested to participate should approach an independent third party (nominator) in any of the following categories to nominate them:
- Leading academics (e.g. professors in universities) or academic institutions
- Government officials (outside of the city administration)
- International organisations in the fields of urban planning, housing, transport management, urban design and architecture, energy conservation, urban policy and management, and so on
- Organisations in the public or private sectors
- Non-government organisations (NGOs)
- Leading industry experts in related fields
Self-nominations (i.e. nominations made by the city administration for their own city) are strictly not accepted.
Information for the nominator
As a nominator, you should inform the cities of your intention to nominate them. You would also need to attach a short recommendation letter of approximately 600 words together with the online nomination form (nominations closed) to support why the city that you are nominating should win the Prize, covering aspects as follows:
- Outstanding leadership and governance
- Successful urban transformation
- Innovative urban solutions
- Lessons for other cities
There is no entry fee required for this nomination.